Prenatal & Post-Partum Care
All of your prenatal care will take place in one of our up-scale and luxurious free-standing accredited birth centers in Los Angeles. Our visits are designed to empower, support and educate you and your family so you are able to make your own birth decisions. An unhurried one-hour first visit allows for plenty of time to get to know one another, discuss health issues, nutrition, exercise, body changes, and emotions. Next, we conduct a complete physical and pelvic exam, including a Pap smear and testing for sexually transmitted infections at your request. All lab work is done in-house for your convenience. We take the time to answer questions, explain standard protocols, and prepare you for the journey of labor, birth and motherhood.
- Visits once per month until 28 weeks
- Every 2 weeks from 28-36 weeks
- Weekly visits from 36 weeks until delivery
- More visits are always an option upon request or need
- All prenatal labs completed in the birth center
- NST/AFI (fetal monitoring and a measure of amniotic fluid) done at 40 weeks to ensure baby is happy and healthy
- Referrals for ultrasounds conducted by our collaborating perinatologist
After the birth of your baby and placenta, you and baby will continue to be monitored and pampered for 2-3 hours. This is a perfect time to bond as a family, initiate breastfeeding, and rest all under the watchful care of your midwife and birth team. We ensure you stay hydrated, eat a healthy meal, and prepare you for the first days at home.
Postpartum care includes:
- First visit 24-72 hours at the birth center visit
- 2-week visit at the birth center
- 4-6 week visit at the birth center
- Breastfeeding support throughout the postpartum period and beyond
A thorough and respectful exam of your baby, right by your side, is done before you leave for home. Many aspects of the exam can be done without separation from mother to ensure undisturbed attachment in the first precious hours. We also encouraged partners to help weigh, measure, and observe the exam. You are given the decision to accept or deny antibiotic ointments, Vitamin K, and the newborn metabolic screening. Our midwives will review the normal newborn transition and warning signs that may warrant a visit to your pediatrician or hospital. You will be provided information regarding obtaining a birth certificate, newborn feeding and voiding activities, and cord care. Before you leave with your adorable newborn, we assure that you both are healthy, stable, and ready for the transition to home.
Tongue Tie Assessment
Our midwives are highly trained and skilled individuals when it comes to assessing newborn tongue ties. If your baby is having troubles breastfeeding and latching, because of a tongue tie, please contact us. Our midwives can assess the degree of abnormality, provide recommendations, and management.
Certified Nurse Midwives have the ability to write a wide range of prescriptions needed throughout pregnancy and beyond. If youโre considering contraceptives or if you simply need medications to manage and ailment, certified nurse midwives are here to help! Contact us today to make your first appointment. (424)-245-4150
- Board-Certified Obstetrician-Gynecologists
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist (Perinatologist)
- Message Therapist
Non-Emergency Phone Consultations
Fees may apply